Greetings everyone. Memorial Day is upon us and we in the veteran community have a lot going on. I took the liberty to share as many events as I could find.
*All events are Free*
Thursday, May 25th has its annual Veterans Memorial Celebration at Bonanzaville! This event is for veterans and their families in honor of Memorial Day. This is event is sponsored by West Funeral Home.
The event kicks off with the national anthem, and includes a free BBQ picnic prepared by Veterans.
The Red River Valley Veterans Concert Band will perform, and our guest speaker is Trudy Maninga, along with her husband, Howard Maninga.
A helicopter will be there and other military displays.
Monday, May 29th, Memorial Day activities:
Fargo VFW, AL and AMVETs
1. 0730 Fargo North side Jewish cemetery
2. 0800/0830 North Holy Cross Fargo cemetery
3. 1030hrs Riverside cemetery (line up)
1100hrs ceremony Riverside
4. 1200/1230hrs Sunset memorial gardens.
5. 1330hrs Lindenwood 164th INF and Submariners monuments.
West Fargo VFW/AL/AMVETS
1. 1045hrs Flag Raising at POW/MIA plaza
Harwood AL, Auxiliary.
1. Program at 10am
Harwood-Oakwood cemetery On the MN side
Moorhead AL and Dilworth VFW
1. 7:00 Ceremony on Veterans memorial bridge.
2. 8:45 Moorhead Memorial gardens
3. 9:15 Sabin (Elmwood cemetery)
4. 9:30 Sabin (Trinity cemetery)
5. 10:00 Evergreens South Moorhead
6. 10:15 Prairie Home cemetery
7. 10:30 St. Josephs cemetery
8. 10:40 Riverside North Moorhead cemetery
11:00 Ceremony at Moorhead American Legion
12:15 flag raising
**These times are approximate so it is recommended that you should be there 10-15 minutes early
Cemetery ceremonies will include: Prayer, Rifle Salute, and Taps
Fargo Memorial Honor Guard/ Sheyenne -Maple church (next to National Cemetery)
6:00pm program. Guest Speaker is Lisa Budeau, proud daughter of a Vietnam Veteran.
6:30 picnic free food until gone. Feel free to bring something.
7:00 Live concert by Check your 6
9:00 PM Fireworks thanks FM Legion Riders.
This program is a memorial service and celebration of sacrifice. We invite ALL to attend.
Originally called Decoration Day, from the early tradition of decorating graves with flowers, wreaths and flags, Memorial Day is a day for remembering those that died in service to our country. It’s accepted Memorial day now honors all those that have passed.
CVMA 42-2 will be having a motorcycle run June 3rd.
Send your veteran-related items to me at email@example.com.